Are you having a bad day? Are you feeling depressed? Are you confused about the next decision to take? Hey! You are in the right place.
You should read this article till the end.
There are certain times in our lives when we’ve had to deal with overwhelming circumstances, disappointment, depression, and other forms of negativities. Interestingly, we were able to overcome them through some form of motivation or words of encouragement.
Let’s take, for instance, a person who has studied hard for a professional exam to get a big promotion in his office. Only for him to get a D grade when the results came out. Such a person will feel depressed especially when he sees his other colleagues get promoted while he remains on the same level. Don’t you think?
At a time like this, what such a person needs are words of encouragement to uplift him from his depressed state of mind.
Why words of encouragement? You might ask.
It is because it can go a long way in helping him out of depression and get the promotion he desires.
Thus, in this article, we will be sharing with you various words of encouragement, and how to apply them.
Let’s first delve into what words of encouragement are.
What are Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement are often referred to as positive words that can help uplift an individual’s mind from depression or other forms of overwhelming circumstances.
Words of encouragement can be in the form of motivating quotes, inspiring messages, funny texts with words of courage, and more.
Psychological experts have asserted that words generally are powerful tools in shaping human lives either positively or negatively.
If you are being motivated negatively, your mind will always flow in the direction of bringing negative things to pass.
On the other hand, if you listen to positive words more often, your subconscious mind is listening, and somehow it will bring only positive things into reality for you. This is why psychology experts often recommend that their patients utilize positive affirmations or words of encouragement regularly.
And guess what, it works in a very fascinating way. This is because the more you hear such words, your conscious mind is listening and storing them in your subconscious mind for use later. This later time is when you are faced with the same daunting situation, and your subconscious response to it will be a positive one. And before you know it, you will have overcome that same challenge that overwhelmed you in the first place.
Words of encouragement play a significant role in boosting your confidence while you concentrate on only positive attempts.
It also emphasizes why you should give no heed to any form of negativity and focus only on achieving your life goals.
How to use Words of Encouragement
There are several words of encouragement for adults, teens, and kids, in various situations. Ranging from heartbreak to having a bad day at school.
Let’s take a look at a few life situations with the type of words of encouragement that can be applied to them below.
The words below might just be the right words to uplift a depressed person’s mind to a smiling and happy state.
- Do you know why God gave you this life? It’s because you are strong enough to live it
- Darling, when the world says, “Give up,” hope whispers, “Just try it one more time”. So why not listen to hope, you might just struck a gold mine
- Every day may not be a great day, but there is something good in everyday life. So why give up, when you have me?
- According to Christine Caine – Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but actually, you have been planted. Hey! Look on the bright side, you’ll grow soon enough
- Remember, whenever the storms kick in, I’ll be whatever you want me to be for you. Just name it – your sidekick and more
Bad Day at Work
If you have someone having a bad day at work, you can use the words below to put a smile on his or her face:
- Hey! Brave one, you are doing precisely what you should be doing. Hang in there
- I know it sucks, but hey! you don’t suck!
- Stop beating yourself up. You’re working in headway, which means you will get there one step at a time, not just all at once
- You are doing great. Remember that a journey starts with one step at a time
- Do you know that the best apparel to put on is your confidence? And I see that you wear it just fine
- I am always here for you and will always have your back, no matter what you do.
Bad day at school
Do you have a little one or a teenager who is having a bad day at school? The words below might just be the right ones to put a smile on their cute faces.
- I admire how strong and brave you are
- Bunny!! It doesn’t matter how thick-headed you go as long as you don’t stop, you are doing great
- I admire how daring you are and I am super proud of you
- Sweetie! Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle. Just go ahead and shine so bright that they can’t deny it
Just went through a divorce or heartbreak
- Listen to Judy Garland’s quote – “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else”
- A Japanese proverb says “Fall seven times, stand up eight”. Darling! You are braver than you think
- Do you know it’s never too tardy to be what you might have been? I bet you’re gonna be just fine
- Today will never come again. Look forward to tomorrow and all the possibilities that it holds
- Zig Ziglar once said that “When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start happening.” Now watch as the series of your life starts to unfold beautifully
Failed an exam
Here are a few quotes from popular authors that can cheer you up:
- “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” from Stephanie Lahart ( Author of Overcoming Life’s Obstacles)
- “The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.” from Alexander Pope
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” from Dr. Benjamin Spock
Lost a contract or job
- Hey! Don’t bother, they only lost the best that they could have ever had. It’s their loss
- I believe a better one is coming right next to your alley. I believe in you
Life situations can happen to anyone but it takes just a little bit of motivation or a positive note of encouragement to uplift such a person from that state.
If you find yourself in such a condition, put to use any of the words of encouragement mentioned above or from your friends and relatives. We understand that it might be hard at first, but once you open your mind to these healing words, you’ll be on your way to getting the desired results you want positively.
If you found the article helpful, drop a comment below .