Monday June 1– New Day New Month to Get to Know Me
Happy June 1st (yesterday–I didn’t get a chance to post last night)! How is your weather? Our beginning of June feels more like April, while May felt like June or early July. I thought since I’m still “Lefty” as my hubby is now calling me, typing one-handed, I might share some older posts. The first day of a new month seems like a good time to re-introduce myself, especially since I’m interacting with some new blogging groups and have some new readers.
SO…here are 30 things about me you may or may not know.
1. I am 57 years old and blessed to be alive, because I almost died in 1985 before my 27th birthday!
2. I grew up in Gilford, New Hampshire.
3. I lived within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee.
4. I climbed Mt. Washington – three times! (…in my MUCH younger, healthier days!)
5. I also rode on the Mt. Washington – the cruise ship – a few times.
6. I have been married three times: a few months to my son’s abusive father, nearly 20 years to my three daughters’ father – and just over 9 years to the love of my life, Dave.
7. Dave and I met through online dating about 12 1/2 years ago; after a few months of dating, I moved from New Hampshire up to Maine.
8. Dave and I have eight “fur babies” – one hound mix puppy, one black lab/whippet puppy, one Maine coon cat, and five feral kittens who showed up in our back yard in the fall of 2009 – and we never could part with any of them!
9. I am a lifelong learner – still taking courses and pursuing degrees!
10. I have three degrees, earned in 1980, 2007, and 2008.
13. My third degree was an M.Ed. in Instructional Technology, from AIU Online, in 2008.
14. I am currently in the dissertation phase of my fully online doctorate (Ed.D.) degree in a dual concentration of Educational Technology and E-Learning, at Northcentral University; prospective graduation date is 2016.
15. I have unfortunately lost both of my parents to cancer; my Dad in 2002 to lymphoma and my Mom in 2011 to lung cancer, after surviving (or so we thought) breast cancer. I also lost my 12 1/2 y.o. canine companion, Kita (black lab), on 12-18-2012.
16. My adult kids, ages 25 to 33, all either attended college, or graduated from college, and are involved in careers (proud Mom here, four times over!)
17. My youngest daughter got married in 2011, and she and my son-in-law have blessed us with two beautiful granddaughters Chloe Lyvia (about 2 1/2 years old) and Ava Marie (about 9 months old)! My middle daughter got married at a beautiful destination wedding in Punta Cana in 2013.
18. My two youngest daughters live in New Hampshire and my oldest daughter lives in Colorado, where she re-located last year for her job.
19. My son and his wife live in New Mexico, where he also attended college for a business degree.
20. My middle daughter is a nurse (RN); she graduated in May 2010 and passed the NCLEX first time through the next month.
21. My youngest daughter graduated with an associate degree for dietetic technician.
22. My oldest daughter has four degrees, including two associate degrees, a bachelor’s degree, and a master’s degree in organic dairy nutrition.
23. In my “spare” time (yeah, right), I love to quilt, sew, and do various crafts.
24. In addition to freelance writing, I run a home-based business called K-Lee’s Kreations.
25. I have been freelancing “officially” for about eight years and now have over 3,200 published articles online and have written one book so far, Fatherly Reflections. I’ve also co-authored a second book and have helped develop about 15 courses.
27. I am NOW a NASCAR fan – since I met Dave – and went to my first race in September 2012!
28. I was much more familiar with Motorcycle Weekend/Week, than NASCAR, all the years I lived in NH.
29. My hair started turning gray (white/silver) at about age 29 – so yeah, I had been coloring it for MANY years, but now that I’m a grandmother, I let it go to its natural color.
30. I was a traveling speech therapist for about a year – averaging about 350 miles/week – until I “came home” to work in early 2008.
Thanks for learning more about me!
Would you dare to share 30 random things about YOU in a blog post? 🙂